Full-Time Licensed Independent Social Worker or Licensed Mental Health Counselor
School Based Counselor in Mason City Schools
Salary$45,000 - $65,000 a year
Job Type Full-time 200 Day Contract
Contract will start Summer 2021.
Holidays and some summer off.
o Master's (Required)
o LISW-Iowa or LMHC-Iowa (Preferred)
o Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
o Must See Children 4+.
Basic responsibilities is to provide individual/family therapy for Students Pk-12. Use current methods and theory to the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of psychosocial dysfunction, impairment, or disability, including mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for families, individuals, and groups. Position is based in Mason City School District in all District Buildings.
· Counsel clients or patients, individually, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
· Maintain accurate and timely records of activities, case management notes, and services provided to each client.
· Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
· Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
· Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients' status.
· Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
· Maintains client confidentiality in conformance with agency confidentiality policy and State laws and regulations.
· Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.
· Meet with families, probation officers, police, or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
Must work independently and maintain well organized schedule.
· Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
· Must be able to qualify for insurance panels.
· Criminal background check and clearance
Education and experience required:
Social Work (MA), Mental Health Counseling (MA)
Must be licensed in the State of Iowa as a Licensed Social Worker (LISW or LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC or T-LMHC)
National Heath Corp Site for Student Loan Forgiveness.
· Dental insurance
· Flexible schedule
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
. Work Schedule follows Mason City Schools Schedule, Few weeks of summer is required at the office for continuum of care.
· Retirement plan
We offer Medical Insurance or Stipend, IRA, Vacation/Sick Time. Flexible Schedule.
We are a National Health Service Corp site for student loan forgiveness possibilities.
Great private practice environment without the headaches.
Turning Leaf Practice currently serves 2,000 active patients with a great team of counselors and practitioners. We serve 10 school districts in 6 counties. We are continuing to expand into other services to meet our community needs.
Please fill out application for employment, and current Resume.
Please email or mail it to:
103 East State Street
Mason City, IA 50401-3309
Applications will be reviewed upon arrival.